Sunday, April 21, 2013

Roger Waters considering his Israel position

After last month's cancellation of his concert in New York, Roger Waters is now "considering" his position towards his Israel boycott.

"I am considering my position," Waters said in a taped interview published online Monday by The Huffington Post. "The letter asking my fellow musicians to boycott Israel has never appeared. I'm thinking it all through extremely carefully … because I care more about the outcome, because I care about the people involved, than I do about the moment."
Waters last month likened Israel's occupation of the West Bank and Gaza to South Africa's apartheid policy segregating blacks and whites, which was the target of an international boycott.
Waters said he wants to avoid "some kind of dramatic moment that could very easily blow up and mean that I would, in the long term, have less effect on the outcome."
"Assuming that you're rational and that you care about other human beings, the goal strategically should be a solution of the Palestinian refugee problem, an end to the occupation, security and the right to lead a decent life for all the citizens of Israel," Waters said.
Hopefully Mr Waters will investigate the main cause of the continuation of hate - the passing on of hate to the Palestinian children.

Dear Roger Waters - we don't need no thought control.  No dark sarcasm in the classroom.  Get the teachers to leave the children alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment